Re: 8N Stopped Firing Up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 25, 2019 at 18:50:10 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8N Stopped Firing Up posted by AJ Derrick on August 25, 2019 at 08:33:34:

HiYa Al-
I'd take your Steiner Chinese junket and return it then grab your OEM M/S TSX 241 carb and rebuild it or have a reliable source rebuild it. All the FORD components were meant to be rebuilt over and over. Aftermarket parts made in Cheena have no quality control so chances are the settings on your new one are all mucked up for one thing. Next, avoid just swapping out old parts with new until you can verify the old ones are bad. Front mount or side mount? Did you do a fuel flow test on the old one first? How about the new one before you tried to start it? Next, is your system OEM 6V/POS GRN or a 12V/NEG GRN switch over job? Either way have you verified the electrical system is all correct? SEE LINK to our HOW-TO's FORUM, under ELECTRICAL,"WIRING PICTOGARMS BY JMOR" to find your set up and then follow it to a 'T' with no shortcuts. I rebuild M/S carbs in my sleep. Farmer Dan rebuilds distributors in his sleep. My email is open if your wish to discuss off line.And stop buying new parts! EXCEPTION: You can start by having the battery checked at a local starter/alternator shop or auto parts store. If it won't sustain a full charge under load, it must meet specific gravity levels, it's bad and needs replacing. Simply charging it won't do any good. OPT for a good brand, not the cheapo Wally World or TSC brands. Invest in a decent brand like INTERSTATE, DEKA, or DURACELL.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]