Re: What model & year is my dad's 1950's Ford?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack - Iowa on August 31, 2019 at 13:31:38 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: What model & year is my dad's 1950's Ford? posted by Iowa Farm Boy on August 25, 2019 at 16:34:51:

Have not seen anyone express a opinion as to value or direct you to parts.

The parts depends on what you are looking for. There are a number of tractor salvage yards which is the best source for sheet metal and possible hardware such as transmission, engines and that type of thing.

Ignition and fuel parts, most on here would recommend Just8N's out of Shelby, NC I've had good service from Grand Valley Tractor of Orwell, Ohio.

Go to Links in the red banner at top and you will find contact information for both of these and several others.

I keep hearing the value of these older tractors has been dropping.

I can tell you I gave $3500 for my 860 in 2003. It had been used and abused and I'm pretty sure it had been reconstructed from parts. Indication was a tree had fallen on it. It has given me good service and the most major thing I've had to do was replace the cam follower pin in the hydraulics. No idea of the value today. I may have given too much but my brother and I had driven to western Kentucky to buy it so I did. Someone had also painted it Blue and gray which I changed back to the proper colors.

Good Luck with your toy!

Jack

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]