Re: 8N Headlights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 30, 2019 at 04:59:33 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N Headlights posted by Tom S. on September 29, 2019 at 13:22:24:

You won't find lighting wiring diagrams in any manual including the I&T FO-4 manual because lighting kits were never a factory installed item on N's. The exception is the MPC's as they show the lighting kit setups. The diagrams I show are for the 8N electrical wiring system. The intent was for you to verify you have your wiring all correct before putting the lights into the equation. Often times guys muck up their wiring because they don't know how to do it or they use non-OEM-like parts and have unnecessary, extravagant airplane-style light switches and key ignition switches and wire them wrong. The MPC's show the lighting kits with a partial setup, but you'd need the OEM lighting kit instruction sheet to see the entire detailed drawing and those are/were only available in the kits. I can't post them here because they are on 17 x 22 sheets. FWIW: You won't blow out your lamps IF they are 6V or 12V and you are running a 6V battery. If you have a 6V battery and you apply 12V lamps, they will illuminate, only a but dimmer, but if it is the reverse, if you have a 12V battery and you apply 6V lamps, you will blow out the lamps. OHM's Law 101.

FORD N-TRACTOR LIGHTING DIAGRAM:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]