Re: hydraulic issue Ford 600

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on December 05, 2019 at 06:02:28 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: hydraulic issue Ford 600 posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 04, 2019 at 18:43:15:

I don't know much about the HyTrol. I'm more of a three cylinder man not four. I'm thinking it was an early attempt at providing hydraulic flow control. It was only on the vane pumps - 53-56? I'm sure we have some Hundred Series or maybe NAA guys here who could tell us.
Flow control allows you to slow down the rate at which your lift arms would raise. On the vane pumps there is a little wheel? lever? on the side you can turn to increase/decrease the oil flow. Ford discontinued offering any kind of flow control when they went to piston pumps on the late Hundreds - through 1964. Flow control returned in 65 as a knob you can turn on the right side just below the draft/position lever. I've had it for years and have never used it except to fool around with it a bit. The later ones work by dumping off an adjustable portion of the oil coming from the pump back into the sump before it gets to the lift cover. You can make your lift rise very slow.
Dunno how the one on the vane pumps work.
Ford thought flow control was a good feature because they used it on most of their models from 1965 onward.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]