Re: Dearborn 14-15 sickle mower compatibility

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on January 22, 2020 at 07:50:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Dearborn 14-15 sickle mower compatibility posted by Matt on January 21, 2020 at 23:39:43:

I don't know anything about the Kioti so can't say with any authority. I will bet that mower would take quite a bit of jerry rigging to make it fit.
To begin with you would need fender mounts similar to a Ford on your axle as there is a special bracket that has to bolt on there for the mower breakaway. Next you would need to contrive a special top link rocker bracket.
You would also need to lengthen the lift links, aka 'dog bones' between the upper and lower lift arms that were required to put that mower on a ford.
Then there is the issue of differences in the geometry of the 3 point on the two tractors.
Examples: distance in height between lower lift pins and the top rocker, length of the lower lift arms and relative fore/aft locations of lower lift pins vs fender mounts vs top rocker.
I know those dinensions are different between say, an N or NAA and a Ford 3000. From experience, I know the Dearborn/Danuser post hole digger and the Dearborn/Danuser 19-16 back blade fit an 8N perfectly but did not fit a 3000 correctly. And the Dearborn cordwood saw would not fold up into the transport position properly on a 3000. I don't know but would bet a 3000 is much closer to an N than a Kioti is.
Then of course you have the issue of that mower being a pia to put on even the tractors they were built for.
They say with a torch and welder anything is possible. I have a torch and welder and good fabrication skills to go with them. But I would not take on that project. Nope, uh uh. It's not even close to being worth it in my book.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]