Re: Dearborn 14-15 sickle mower compatibility

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 25, 2020 at 09:55:03 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Dearborn 14-15 sickle mower compatibility posted by Matt on January 21, 2020 at 23:39:43:

HiYa Matt-
I, too, cannot answer your question about fitting a Dearborn Mower on your KIOTI tractor. Determine what Category your KIOTI is. I do know that I once tried to hitch up a Land Pride Finish Mower to my 8N and it wouldn't fit. The 8N lift arms would not spread apart far enough to allow the mower lower pins to be installed in the ball sockets to the lift arms. The mower had been used on my buddy's M-F 1010 Compact Tractor. here is the OEM A&O manual to see how the mower is assembled to the 8N. NOTE you need to use the Stabilizer Left & Right Brackets with only the LH bar being used and mower arm connects to the RH bracket ball socket. The manual says it fastens 'quickly' but everything I've ever heard and read on it says it takes two guys and is a time consuming process. Not sure where you read that, but '...should hook up to any 3-pt attachment...' sounds like somebody's opinion, not any hard data fact. I agree with Ultradog - don't bother. Can you get away with using a Brush Hog? You can also ask your KIOTI dealer about it and what he suggests if you want a side mower. My experience with the local KIOTI dealer around here has been they don't offer much tech support let alone good advice. If you are ambitious, maybe you can attempt the project yourself. The first thing I would do before you get too involved is measure the distance between the lower lift arm pin ball socket centers and the rear link pins and the stabilizer bar hole spread to determine if they will fit. Then determine if the bar brackets can be mounted.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]