Re: 46 2N

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 29, 2020 at 06:27:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 46 2N posted by Doug on January 28, 2020 at 19:17:31:

It's probably from a stud hole thru the water jacket as Bruce said - but don't assume. Did a stud or two come out (normal) when he removed the manifold or is it leaking from one of the studs itself? If it was the latter, then I'd be concerned. When removing/replacing an exhaust manifold, it is a good idea to drain some coolant first. The bottom of the radiator has a petcock on the LH side for draining. When installing the new manifold, be sure to get all the old gasket material off the block first. New manifolds usually come with the three new gaskets but there's no need to put any Permatex on when reinstalling, I don't. Two gaskets go on the block between the manifold, one on each side not double stacked on one, and there is a gasket for the carb to manifold as well. Secure with new steel lockwashers and the p/n 33816 brass 7/16-20 Hex Nuts. The torque spec is 27 ft/lbs for the 7/16-20 brass hex nuts. Kits are sold at a reliable supplier like Just8Ns. I suggest you invest in all new parts as well - manifold; gasket kit; brass nuts; muffler clamp kit; and maybe a new muffler too. The job isnít difficult, just time consuming as you need to loosen the fan belt and move out of the way; remove the carb and air cleaner tube; remove muffler clamp; unhook governor linkage rod; and remove manifold. Use your OEM Part manual for a guide and seek our How-Toís forum for more info.

FORD TRACTOR 39-50 ENGINE EXPLODED VIEW:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]