Re: 600 carb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on March 02, 2020 at 11:01:17 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 600 carb posted by Mike on March 02, 2020 at 07:14:33:

HiYa Mike-
What seems to be the problem? These vintage Ford major components were all designed to be rebuilt over and over. I highly advise against investing in something "new" as most are rubbish and when dome properly, the OEM M/S carb will perform well. The key to any carb is that it needs to be set when the engine is up to operating temperature. Next, use the initial settings as outlined in the Owners Manual (SEE PIC) and I&T FO-20 Manual. When making an adjustment, take 1/8 turns at a time and WAIT for the engine speed to catch up. The initial engine idle speed is spec'd to be 450-475 RPM and with a 600 you have the advantage to do that with the Proofmeter. The FORD Tractor 600 Model used the Marvel/Schebler TSX-580 Carb - is this what you have? Try these suggestions and if you need more help, I can look at your carb so you'd have to send it to me. I've rebuilt probably at least 300 M/S carbs in my life, professionally, and guaranteed. References available upon request. My email is open.

FORB 600/800 CARBURETOR & FUEL SYSTEMS:

OEM MARVEL SCHEBLER TSX-241 CARB - PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT & RESTORED BY TIM DALEY:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]