Re: DIY ROP & Preventing rollover

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on April 05, 2020 at 16:05:08 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: DIY ROP & Preventing rollover posted by Brad on April 05, 2020 at 14:22:35:

N's were all designed with a low center of gravity. Rollovers almost always occur because the operator failed to observe the basic safety rules to operate the tractor. 1st rule is to never pull from above the drawbar height. Many have been killed because they failed to pull logs and/or tress from under instead of over that point. Mowing or using an N on a hill incorrectly is the 2nd most accident prone incident. The fact that so many N's have been used and are still on the road without any ROPS is testimony they, as with any machine, are safe when used properly. I'm not sure but it's a safe bet some states require all that OSHA crap be on your tractor now. I have driven my N's on highways in Michigan and only needed to have the (mandatory) taillight on the LH rear fender and a SMV sign on the rear center of the tractor or implement. No need to put flashers and mirrors and whistles and bells all on it. It's your tractor and you can do whatever you want, I'm just saying. You may want to document any DIY project so you can post it in our How-To's.

FORD TRACTOR OPERATOR SAFETY:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]