Re: Pie wheel weights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 07, 2020 at 16:27:50 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Pie wheel weights posted by JK-NY on April 07, 2020 at 14:51:41:

Q: "...why you feel the need for adding oil to used antifreeze for ballast..."

A: My reasoning: calcium chloride, purely contained inside an inner tube, could cause no harm to metal. Unfortunately, as all too many people have experienced to their expense, tubes do leak, and corrosives end up damaging rims. My interest in having higher percentage of oil, is to mitigate against corrosive factors, otherwise unavoidable.

Reasoning for anti-freeze: Northeast Kansas never fails to freeze during winter. My tractor is required to push snow, at that time when having more traction is beneficial. Sufficient antifreeze lowering freezing point of oil/load-mixture necessitated by climate, is requisite for adequate response.

DIY anti-freezing WWF could work (-20 F), however, yielding no cost advantage over DIY used oil & antifreeze ballast mix imho.

Pretty much everything is influenced by cost. "The nicer the nice, the higher the price". If one is on budgetary constraints, when something has to work, you're stuck figuring out some way to "git 'er done", whatever obstacles may be.

With present COVID-19's economics, I'm in no position to throw money to "Beet" (IE: Rim Guard) the issue ;-) lol

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]