DIY Homebrew 3-point Boom Lift Pole

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on May 01, 2020 at 18:25:34 [URL] [DELETE] :

FB Marketplace listing caught my eye "Free to good home, JD sickle bar mower. Ran when parked, 25 years ago." :-) lol

The Price is Right! Sounds like my kind of a project can sink my teeth into! Look Ma! I brought home some "yard art" lol If I want it to work, I have to fix it :-)

Now to mix up some home-brew, penetrating fluid recipe: to used motor oil add dose of diesel fuel, dollup of gasoline, drab or so of acetone, Wah-la Presto change-o and you have El Cheapo Poor Man's penetrating fluid :-)

Suddenly it became imperative to finish my Ford 8N tractor's 3 point boom pole, so the sickle bar mower could be removed from pickup truck. For some reason the landlord didn't mind loaning me his truck (my truck is in pieces... don't ask! lol) since he had need to borrow a sickle bar mower (his's kaput), but for some reason landlord wanted to have truck bed empty so he could actually make use of his truck lol ;-)

I came from a time back when they taught drafting in high school, and I have yet to learn newfangled online 3D design, so I just did what I'm used to and sketched everything up as I took measurements working from whatever materials I could find to hand for DIY boom pole.

I suppose if everything works out good enough, I should post a "how to"? We've already one "How To Boom Pole" would another really be of any use to anyone?

It really does depend (I'm going to guess) what materials are cheaply or easily available to build with, perhaps BP sketch is good enough as starting point, making changes dependent upon necessities? idk :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]