Update2: DIY Homebrew 3-point Boom Lift Pole

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on May 06, 2020 at 09:20:35 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: DIY Homebrew 3-point Boom Lift Pole posted by Brad on May 01, 2020 at 18:25:34:

I am getting closer to the finish line with DIY home-brewed 3-point Boom Lift Pole, thought I would have had it finished yesterday except for 3 boo-boos lol :-)

Motor went out on my drill press, so I was trying to drill a straight hole with a hand drill and not having the most success. First hole was so far off, check my welder and welded the hole closed grinded it back flat and started again.

This second hole was where it's supposed to be, but now it has to pass through the frame and come out the other side. Guess what? lol Yep!

Hole saw didn't go straight through & came off at an angle, so welder/grinder once again! lol. Getting to be a familiar theme? I'm not the only one! lol "Grinder and paint make you the welder you ain't" lol ;-)

Seems like a lot of my projects wind up this way: I don't have any clear idea what final itineraration is going to be when I begin, because everything changes to meet needs and circumstances encountered as work progresses. No wonder it's good to be a "retail consumer" purchasing goods off factory assembly lines, having quality controlled and professionally engineered ingredients! lol :'-D

Hopefully I'll be able to weld a plug over the miss-drilled hole, use a piece of tubing as a guide or use Square (in two different lanes) to ensure that drill bit's straight this time, and I'll be able to correct my faux pas and move on to finish this project.

When I write up a "how to" it will appear as though I actually know what I'm doing, because none of these mistakes will be mentioned lols :-p

Good thing for grinders and paint! :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]