Re: Troubleshooting help please...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 49er swGA on May 10, 2020 at 15:30:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Troubleshooting help please... posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 10, 2020 at 07:36:08:

12V neg ground and Shifty th` Fifty has the side mounted dizzy...
Yes, I`m going through our troubleshooting as we discuss this thing...
As I mentioned, I hadn`t been back out after the pressure washing since "dark thirty" came before I could...

I took her out after our "Facebook Church" meeting and mowed the last field...
She did it again, so, obviously, I didn`t fix anything by "looking at the points" or cleaning her governor spring and levers...
"Looking at points" consists of opening and closing the gap with power ON to see IF they`re working...
They`re prolly fairly close on gap, cause She Runs good ;)
Then, whilst mowing this morning, I was thinking along the lines that MAYBE the coil is heating up & breaking down too...
I just like to check with our Gurus to be certain I check everything... Y`all have "Fixed many" for us along the years I`ve been associated with ya...
I ALWAYS get get that "second opinion" before I take anything apart, and some of y`all KNOW > I`m too much a Cheapskate to "throw parts at a problem"...

AND when working on her I have Y`all with me, I put my N tractor Club ballcap on too, Dennis

Thank You Guys,
I`ll continue along these routes you suggest, Thanks again
I reckon I might $pring for point$ and plug$ though, she`s been running on these since I got her...
AND Remember? I bought this - $600 - 50 model for parts for my 49er, BUT she runs too good to part it out :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]