Re: Flanagan

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 11, 2020 at 08:51:57 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Flanagan posted by Shannon on May 10, 2020 at 20:36:50:

I remember you! Sooner or later they all come home... ; > )

OK - as Bruce said, yes the PTO lever must be engaged in order for the 3-PT to work. The 'live' PTO was a few years away when the 9N was born. A properly tuned hydraulic system will sustain a full load UP for weeks, months when the tractor off or PTO disengaged. Dropping the load minutes or a day or two after shut down is the big clue that the cylinder is worn and it and possibly the pump needs to be pulled, inspected, and rebuilt. Here is a document from our HOW-TO's to get some info but be aware this is for the 8N system which is a different pump and lift system. The 9N/2N uses only DRAFT CONTROL and there is a 'wishbone' bracket that connects the top cover and cylinder linkage to the pump. It must be removed before the top cover gets removed. The top cover on both has the cylinder bolted by four bolts located under the seat. It is important to leave these fastened until you have top cover on your bench. The I&T FO-4 manual and the MPC and OEM Owner's manuals are big tools to help in R&R's the system. As you know, you can get a complete gasket kit from Just8Ns or Dennis Carpenter as well as the new cylinder, NAA piston, and backup wiper. I strongly advise to not waste time trying to hone or rebore the cylinder. If the piston is still using the OEM 3-ring type, get rid of it and buy the NAA-530 one with rubber O-Ring.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]