Re: Rebuild of Wagner F.E.L. hit a snag. Re. Old Hokie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beth and Allen on June 01, 2020 at 20:09:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Rebuild of Wagner F.E.L. hit a snag. posted by TheOldHokie on June 01, 2020 at 00:11:32:

Hi Old Hokie I primed the pump before I hooked up return line to it,and bleed all the air out that I could before I tried anything. There was nothing on the loader,or in the bucket. I was only running engine about 600 rpm, I was running the lift arms up and down and working the bucket up and down to purge remaining airI only got one cycle on each before it quit. All lines are hooked up properly,When I took the new pump off it had oil in it. Today I dug out the old original pump, took it apart and cleaned it up and reassembled it with new gaskets. I put it on and did all the same pre start priming and bleeding and cycled thru every thing several times and even pushed levers to where cylinders were at their limit to see if anything broke. Nothing did, although I do have a couple of small leaks where fittings need tightened a little more,the old pump works ok just a little slow in my opinion. As I said in my original post I felt the new pump turned hard which I thought was due to being brand new,but the old pump turned very easily by hand after I reassembled it where as I had to put something on the shaft of the new one to turn it now it is seized :( .God bless, Beth and Allen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]