Re: Sad News Today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on June 05, 2020 at 16:53:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Sad News Today posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 05, 2020 at 07:26:02:

Tim, thanks for the e-mail and the posting here.
I first met Dan on this site. Later, my wife and I were spending week-ends in a seasonal campground about 8 miles south of Dan. I got to see him pull with Maudie at the Marshall Fairgrounds.
Then a number of years ago, I met him in person at his home. He bought a set of wheel weights from me to put on Maudie.
I rode with him to Anderson, Indiana to N-Complete when they were rebuilding "Maudie's" engine for him.
You and I visited Dan about a year and a half ago to get Maudie running as she had been sitting for awhile. It was a bit cold and then we enjoyed a sip of Dan's favorite beveage.
In February, 2019, I bought Maudie and Dan's 20' trailer. The trailer was the one that Dan and his father had hauled their motorcycles to Sturgis. Remember the Moto Guzzi that had been his dad's?
Dan used the money from selling Maudie to modify his bathroom and to build his hobby room.
Dan asked me if I was interested in his front mount distributors and parts. I was and I went to Marshall. Dan and I again shared his favorite beveage, Crown Royal.
Dan had mentioned here that his mother was making face masks for hospital staff when this pandemic started. I offered to donate to her project if we could get 2. Dan said no to the donation but sent us some masks. We have used them regularly.
A good man to the end. Rest in peace, Dan.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]