Re: DOWNING

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 08, 2020 at 04:47:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: DOWNING posted by MICHAEL on June 07, 2020 at 20:25:05:

Mike-
Why don't you determine the true root cause problem and fix it rather than going thru a ritual every time you to start? "... by pulling it, as we have done before after I let it sit too long." When you go to start it, does the starter neutral safety pushbutton switch just 'click, click, click'? That indicates a low or dead battery. Test it -don't just put it on a trickle charger. Verify wiring is correct. Are you running the OEM 6V/POS GRN electrical setup or have you done a 12V switch out job? Either way, 95% of all non-starting issues are due to incorrect wiring. A poor or dead battery can be jump started with your car or truck battery - know how to do it right -don't guess and I'd do that long before I tried to pull start it. Get battery pulled and tested at a shop for specific gravity condition. It must sustain a full charge under load. While it is out, verify wiring per JMOR's Wiring Pictograms from the HOW-TO's forum -see LINK. Use your VOM set to continuity, NOT a test light. Take no shortcuts/bypasses. I'd advise you to invest in The Essential Manuals as well -they are valuable tools.

FORD 8N TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]