Re: Ford 8N Starting Problems. Please Help.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 09, 2020 at 10:52:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Ford 8N Starting Problems. Please Help. posted by Tim on June 09, 2020 at 09:49:05:

HiYa Tim-
I have to ask, but do you open the Fuels Sediment Bulb Valve 2 Full Turns Open when you start the tractor? By your video it sounds like it is trying to start but is starved for fuel. Any signs of plugs fouling or gas thru the carb air intake throat where the rubber hose connects? You've done a lot of basic PM work so kudos to you. You don't mention electrical. The front mount distributor is the 2nd most misunderstood item on the Ford N -6V/POS GRN is always the 1st. By your fuel test, I'd say fuel isn't the problem. Your air cleaner is fine as well. I see the generator so are running the OEM 6V electrical system if it is wired correctly for 6V/POS GRN. 90%-95% of all non-starting/non-running issues are due to incorrect wiring whether 6V or 12V.TSC/County Line wouldn't be my choice to buy parts but so be it, but probably not the key switch. Did you ever leave the key switch on when you shut down the tractor? If so you may have damaged the coil. Burning up the points will also occur. The coil tar insulation gets hot and will melt. When engine gets hot, windings short out and tractor stalls out. After all cools, it may work again. You can verify your battery is good -have it charged, don't just put a charger on it. Get your manuals and the wiring pictograms from out HOW-TO's forum and verify the wiring is all correct. I rebuild carbs, distributors, generators, starters, and more if you need more help. EMAIL OPEN

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]