Re: Jubilee differential, Weak Spot?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on August 14, 2020 at 17:42:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Jubilee differential, Weak Spot? posted by Jim Dandy on August 14, 2020 at 08:45:59:

I'm sorry to hear about your tractor.
May I ask what they quoted you to find the parts and repair it?
Also, is this a family heirloom that you really want to keep?
How good is the engine, tin, tires, paint, etc?
Fwiw, you could just find a 600, 601 or Prior 2000 transmission and rear end and graft the front half of your Jube onto it. Everything would be pretty much a direct swap and likely not much more costly than finding the parts and fixing yours. You'd get some upgrades - more robust gears in the rear end, better rear axles, better hydraulic system.
If your tractor is just a worker that may be the way to go. You might even find a rear half with a 5 speed which would be nice or better yet, a 5 sp with live PTO.
Things to think about...
If you were really strapped for $ I have seen photos of a 2N rear end grafted onto the back of a Jube transmission. I do not know what all that entails but believe it is possible. You would lose your live hydraulics, drawbar and position control. I don't know if you could do that with an 8N rear end. Someone here might know. Then you could save your drawbar and position control.
Just some rambling thoughts here.
Hope they give you some ideas.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]