Re: Generator again, JMOR please your help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 03, 2020 at 05:56:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Generator again, JMOR please your help posted by Patricio on October 02, 2020 at 19:43:38:

Front Mount distributor or angle mount? We would have to know how the rest of your systems are wired. Something isn't adding up and I suspect it's the wiring but won't guess or go further until you sketch us an exact diagram. If indeed your generator is a 'B' Circuit type, then as I said, polarizing the BAT and ARM terminals on the VR will fry it. That method is used only on the 'A' circuits as shown in the diagrams JMOR supplied. "...I converted the three of them from 6 V generators into a 12V system. In one of them I replaced the generator with a 12 v alternator..." So, you made a few 12V generators or you converted them all to 12V systems using a 12V battery alternator or just one on 12V and an alternator? Which one are you talking about with your current problems? You could have made them all 12V/NEG GRN w/ALT and not hassle with converting generator to 12V and do away with the gennys and the VR's completely. They're your tractors and your time and money and you can do anything you want to them, but I'm just advising to convert to a true 12V system, eschew the gen's and VR's altogether and not have to ever muck with a VR again. Have you a copy of 'WIRING PICTOGRAMS by JMOR' from our HOW-TO's/Electrical?

FORD 8N TRACTOR WIRING DIAGRAMS:

CORRECT FORD 8N ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS - 6V & 12V:

FRONT MT 12V:

8N 12V SWITCHOVER ON THE ANGLE (SIDE) MOUNT DISTRIBUTOR:

*PICTOGRAM courtesy of JMOR

FORD 8N TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]