Re: 8N Lighting Kit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 27, 2020 at 12:59:06 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8N Lighting Kit posted by Jeff in Northern Michigan on November 27, 2020 at 09:38:39:

Yes, lighting kits were supplied with a parts list and sketch on installation. Detailed instructions were never listed -you had to go by the sketch which was pretty detailed. Beginning with the July, 1947 8N MPC and up, the lighting kit was shown in full detail listing parts and showing the layout of the wiring. I have an OEM sheet from the first 1939 9N lights, the early 8N lights, and the later 8N lights. The sheets are 17" x 22" so scanning on your standard printer isn't feasible. 20 years ago I made copies of the sheets from the industrial printer we used in our engineering department and printed them out on our plotter. I may have some copies stashed somewhere. You can work with the MPC pages too but deciphering the wiring path can be tricky. The 8N has a template for the light switch hole 7-O'Clock to the AMMETER. The 39-53 MPC has lighting kit sketches. I have picture of one of my sheets I took with my camera but you can't read it.

FORD TRACTOR LIGHTING 49-52:

FORD 8N TRACTOR LIGHT SWITCH TEMPLATE:

OEM LIGHTING KIT PARTS & INSTRUCTION:

FORD 8N TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]