Re: 9N New Owner

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 24, 2020 at 06:47:25 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 9N New Owner posted by Dustin on December 23, 2020 at 21:48:27:

If you have the 2-Wire/2-Brush 7A GEN, it has a 'B' Circuit Design and the roundcan cutout won't work. I don't see either in your rear dash photo. Since the OEM VR isn't repopped new now, and originals are just about impossible to find, you can substitute the NAA VR as it is designed for the NAA GEN that is a 'B' Circuit as well. Go to Dennis Carpenter for one, p/n FAG-10505-A, or JUST8Ns for all your part needs. You'll have to fabricate a mounting setup as the NAA VR does not follow the 9N VR bolt hole mount. As I stated below, the pulley on yours is incorrect but I have NEW exact originals and NOS brushes as well. Here is a document from our HOW-TO's forum on all the early 9N Generators with the details - click on LINK. Rear tires may be loaded with Calcium Chloride which when they leaked out, would rust the Hat Rims from the inside out. Hat Rims are not easy to find, especially the 32" ones. The serial number location on the cast boss on the block by the oil filter housing can be gently resurrected in order to clearly pronounce the engine serial number. DO NOT USE ANY ABRASIVE media like sanding, filing, or machining. Use a rust remover like Naval Jelly, and get a brass wire brush and an old toothbrush to start with. Get the rust off first working it in with the toothbrush on the Naval Jelly. The wire brush can then be used if number is still unclear. Serial numbers were hand-stamped by a worker and often poorly/weak. My s/n 8N-I55I3 was like this and I had to finally use Magna-Flux and a black light to see the number. In your other photo I see an OEM cast iron PTO Cap and the 3-PT leveling Crank. The snap-in battery cover can be repaired so donít pitch it.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]