Re: WIRING PICTOGRAMS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 20, 2021 at 07:55:13 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: WIRING PICTOGRAMS posted by Jaredline on January 19, 2021 at 10:22:38:

As I stated below, it's your tractor, your time and money, and you can do whatever you what with it. I'm giving you the pros and cons. You will need more than just a 12V battery to make the switch over. More importantly is the WIRING on whichever setup you use. Your trusty local starter/shop will bench test a battery for free and also test and rebuild your GEN and STARTER MOTOR as well. Forget the starter - not the issue now. How did you have the GEN tested? Avoid TSC at all costs. Low budget products ten to be inferior quality. poor life spans, and I advise to go with a good brand -DEKA, INTERSTATE, DURACELL, or EXIDE. Starter Shop guy can test all your batteries so if you have a good 12V, Going to need to spring for an alternator and new wiring and cables if you go to 12V or rebuild GEN if it needs it so it's inevitable you are going to have to spend some money if you want to do this right. It's obvious you want to switch over to 12V so do it but do it right. Take shortcuts and you will end up with more issues. I'll buy your OEM GEN and Cutout as I mentioned.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]