Re: Sediment bowl and valve assembly question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 25, 2021 at 06:51:23 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Sediment bowl and valve assembly question posted by Kimberly on January 24, 2021 at 22:14:41:

Yeah, Kim, I wrote this document and that is exactly what I said in my other post. The APN-9194 Valve Stem has a seal on the shaft to prevent leaking. Over time, it will get chewed up and torn from constant use and start leaking. That is when you pull the stem and replace it with a new one. Some of the cheaper Cheena-cloned makers use a thinner, vinyl seal/sleeve which will fail much sooner. Have you ever gone to the barn at the end of the day to shut down the tractor and discovered the Valve Stem ON/OFF Knob was missing? I started putting a dab of Loctite Thread Sealant on the #8-32 screw that secures the Knob on so it can't come off back around 1990. The knob is fastened to the stem. The unit has no other function and will not interfere with the Bulb Assembly. When you get a new stem, a new knob and screw is included, or should be. You simply apply a dab to the new screw and you are done. Old stem removed with the old knob and goes in your junk drawer. Those who keep replacing the entire Sediment Bulb over and over due to leaks have something else wrong; usually it's cross-threaded or incorrect threads on fuel line male or female fittings or the NPT thread on the gas tank and Bulb assembly.

FORD TRACTOR 39-54 SEDIMENT BULB, P/N 2N-9155-B; VALVE STEM P/N APN-9194 & KNOB:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]