Re: Dearborn saw.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 26, 2021 at 07:03:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Dearborn saw. posted by Kimberly on February 25, 2021 at 14:08:10:

Back 20 years ago one of the tractor clubs I belonged to also had an old time sawmill that was powered by a tractor. Many a barn, house, and out building were built that way. Ever notice in an old barn the beams and boards aren’t quite exactly 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 or 6 x 6? We would put on sawing demonstrations at shows with a Ford 5000 powering the saw and I’d have my Ford 8N with a Dearborn 22-44 Cordwood Saw off to the side to collect the remnants and cut up shingles or firewood in a pile. Folks would be allowed to take pieces too for ‘souvenirs’. There also were special sawing machines just for shingles- called, what else, shingle mills. Our shows were always a big hit drawing big crowds. At other shows with other clubs who didn’t have sawmill, I made it a habit to always take an implement with my 8N to display as most shows had a lot of city folks at them and to see what they used to farm with back in the day was always interesting. A belt pulley was included with each new 9N tractor at the beginning then later on only as a dealer optional accessory. Belt pulleys were used on tractor going way back as they powered many implements other than saws.

FORD 8N & DEARBORN 22-44 CORDWOOD SAW –TIM DALEY OWNER/OPERATOR:

BACKGROUND: SAWMILL POWERD BY A FORD 5000:

AUTHOR's NOTE: These machines would not be legal today. Why? OSHA. Lawyers would have a field day.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]