Re: Need help finding distributor parts

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 06, 2017 at 06:32:49 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Need help finding distributor parts posted by duey on September 05, 2017 at 01:57:14:

It's not worth the time, money, and effort to make something that can be easily purchased, in my opinion. Do you have a lathe that can cut threads? Better yet, access to a screw machine? I can see making one or two if you needed to have one now, but to make them on a production level, I'd opt for a CNC Lathe with live tooling to machine the screw slot in. Then evaluate just how many to make -return on investment. Is there a huge market for them? Probably not. As far as a drawing, I merely suggested you look at the exploded view of the front mount distributor in the MPC as it shows it, gives the original part number, and then you can look it up further for the detailed part description. P/N 91A-12159 shown as: 8-32 x .31"L BRASS FILLISTER HEAD SCREW. Now, the McMaster-Carr part (SEE LINK) is 3/8" long but a 1/16" extra length won't hurt a thing as there are no close interference parts it can hit. Remember, Henry Ford and Henry Ferguson both insisted that all bolt and stud lengths have no more than two threads protruding on them when the nut was fastened so everything was designed to the nearest fractional size. You can get the screw part sketch at the LINK I provided as they show all the dimensions. Do you see my point?

Respectfully
Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1504693969">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]