Re: Looking To Buy New Gun

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 16, 2017 at 08:25:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Looking To Buy New Gun posted by mthomas on December 15, 2017 at 02:37:15:

I am fortunate to have Williams Gunsight near me here in mid-Michigan. They are a true gun retailer complete with indoor and outdoor ranges including archery. Their staff are all gun owners, shooters, and very helpful and knowledgeable, including the youngens and the women too. We have a few small, private gun dealers around too who know their chit. I like the S&W 357, just wanted to get some other opinions. We are not in a violent nor bad area so home invasion is not a great threat, but never say never. Also, being retired now, I no longer need to pack as when I worked in Saginaw, MI and had to drive an hour to go the GM Casting & Forming Plant every day. It is right in about the worst crime ridden area of Michigan. Really, there is a murder or three there every day. Druggies and whores abound. I was approached by many of both over the years when I was working there. Twice I really thought I was going be shot by drug dealers/punks and robbed/car jacked. Yep, Buena Vista Twp. in Saginaw - your vacation paradise -NOT! I think for the wife and home protection I may just stick with a .38 Special. Something small enough to stop an intruder at close range yet light enough for a woman with no gun handling experience to handle. I was leaning towards a Glock or Sig Sauer 9mm so I could also shoot it...we'll see what Santa brings.

Tim Daley(MI)

Tim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]