Re: It Ain't Easy Being Green

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 19, 2018 at 04:53:27 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: It Ain't Easy Being Green posted by Dean on September 18, 2018 at 07:33:53:

If the brain dead (all that pot smoking) tree-huggers/environmental whackos had any sense at all, and really wanted to save the planet, they’d be screaming about the tremendous amount of plastic production in the world. Take a look around, go into any Wally World store, and observe how much crap is made of plastic, most of it just plain cheap junk. I was in manufacturing/engineering for 35 years and saw firsthand some of the many results of plastic production that you never hear about –workers with carcinogenic issues and disorders. My years were all in metal-cutting manufacturing but my duties took me into every field related to auto production, including plastic companies making parts. Many of the chemicals and elements used to manufacture plastic are deadly. In college we learned all about how each plastic is made, saw vintage films of the workers exposed to those chemicals, all deadly, and yet nobody seems to care that we keep on making more and more junk from plastic. Most all of the grades do not decompose and take millions of years to do so, and we fill our landfills up every day with the stuff. In addition, one of the prime elements in plastic production is carbon. It is in virtually every grade of plastic made. There are a few sources on earth for carbon. One is coal. Another is oil. It isn’t only the gas pumps that dictate the price of oil per barrel; it is also the plastic industry. Think about it. Do you really think the reason we are exploring Mars and the other planets in the universe is to determine if alien life exists? Wrong. The real reason is to uncover other sources of coal and oil. If life does exist, like the discovery of water, then the probabilities that these other elements also are present. The oil and coal industries are HUGE and if NASA discovers that beneath the crust of Mars’ surface lies vast amounts of coal and oil deposits, well what do you think will happen next? The bottled water industry alone, one of the biggest hoaxes ever contrived, discards trillions of empty plastic bottles every day. Don’t be fooled. It is difficult to not buy anything that doesn’t have some plastic in it nowadays. A loaf of bread for instance -the wrapping and the wire tie –what do you think that stuff is made of? Or a gallon of milk? Soda pop, food wrappings/packaging, computer housings, dishes, silverware/straws, CD’s/DVD’s, cell phones, et al and on and on. Bring back glass containers, pop, beer, and milk –tastes better in glass anyway, brown paper bags - eliminate plastic bags at stores. 99.98% of them get tossed out when you get home anyway. I’m not a tree-hugging whack job. I just have always wondered why we let this industry get so out of control and nobody stopped to think about it.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]