Tools Forum - Expanded Thread Page

Subject: Vulcanizing tire patches.

[Back] [Return to Top of Forum]

tex prexhurst    Posted 02-18-2016 at 13:46:34 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Vulcanizing tire patches.
  • When I was young, we would repair leaky inner tubes with patches that came with a small tin pan that contained some sort of flammable paper stuff. You would clamp the patch on to the tube, light the paper stuff and after the fire went out, the patch would be ready. Apparently the idiots in Washington felt that this was too useful, and so they banned them from sale in the US. Does anyone know if they can be purchased in Canada or Mexico, and if so, is it illegal to bring them into the US? Can they be bought over the internet? The modern glue type of patches do everything well except stop leaks!

    BlasterStumps    Posted 02-19-2016 at 14:16:23 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Here ya go...
  • Here are a couple I think

    Ed Ridgeway CO    Posted 02-19-2016 at 12:38:24 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Vulcanizing tire patches.
  • Yea and they worked real good and were fun too when you was a kid

    BlasterStumps    Posted 02-18-2016 at 18:39:31 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Vulcanizing tire patches.
  • I remember using the "hot patch" that had a little metal pan. Is that the type?

    tex prexhurst    Posted 02-18-2016 at 18:47:08 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Vulcanizing tire patches.
  • Yes, the paper stuff was in the pan, and the actual rubber patch was on the bottom . .

    [Back] [Return to Top of Forum]