Re: haybaler

[ Manuals ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed Gooding (VA) on October 23, 2004 at 17:02:34:

In Reply to: Re: haybaler posted by bert on October 23, 2004 at 16:06:25:

Hi Bert. Welcome to the N-Tractor Club! There were two basic models of Dearborn Baler. The essential difference between the two was that one was PTO-driven and the other had a dedicated, Wisconsin engine to power the baler. This is the one that you want, if you want a Dearborn model. It is Model 14-49, by the way. Here are views of both sides of it:

Given that the 8N does not have live PTO, the PTO-driven baler is just not a very practical choice, in my opinion. Even with the engine-powered baler, you will need to rake small windrows and go slowly. While you can indeed bale with the 8N, it is better suited to do the mowing, raking and bale wagon pulling, while using a stronger tractor like a 600 or 800 series for the baling task. That said, if an 8N is all you have, then you can make it work if you are patient with it.

Another option might be to use a later Ford 250 baler. Again, the engine-driven model is better suited for your use, in my opinion. Here's a picture of one in action:

You should note that it weighs more than your 8N, so it will give your 8N a workout.

Hope this helps............Ed
'52 8N475798

Follow Ups:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ Manuals ] [ FAQ ]