donnahoo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by frank on May 03, 2022 at 17:43:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

Folks, I need help. My 1952 8N started dieing on me when the front of the tractor is higher than the rear, as in going uphill or backing downhill. This happens with no load on the tractor.
Backing down a hill with the clutch pushed in and PTO disengaged and it stalls.
I tried cleaning my carb. and a new float seat, needle, and wire to tie the needle to the float. This did not help.
So, I ordered a new aftermarket carb. Guess what? It does the same thing.
I ordered a replacement for that carb., and......same thing.
The tractor runs perfect on level ground.
The new carb. lets it idle down further than ever before.
The main jet was adjusted to the highest rev when I 1st installed it. I tried to adjust it, but the original settings were where the tractor ran best.
I have drained the tank, removed the sediment bowl, and cleaned it from top to bottom. I have good flow.
I checked and the flow coming out of the float bowl drain is over 4 oz. per minute.
And, I even measured it right after it died on me on a hill. The bowl was full of gas and the flow measured the same.
The gas tank has 5 fresh gallons of 90 octane, non-ethanol gas.
So, again. The tractor runs fine and will lift my 5' box blade without stumbling, as long as it is on level ground.
The second I get on an incline with the front of the tractor higher than the back, it either dies on me, or the governor tries to keep it going and it surges until I get it back on simi-level ground. Then it purrs like a kitten.
I am at a loss.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Frank

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]