Re: Question on BN-040 Moto-Tug Brakes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on August 17, 2022 at 17:53:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Question on BN-040 Moto-Tug Brakes posted by William G. Dougherty on August 17, 2022 at 13:46:57:

I have no information for you about a BNO-40, BUT WOW, oh WOW! I have been looking for some fresh pictures of B-24 #139. I bought a book at the Yankee Air Museum about #139 but, I can't find it right now. I don't believe it has these pictures.
The address: "American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti" is on the south side of E. Michigan Ave. The plane eventually was parked on the NW corner of E. Michigan Ave. and Spencer Lane (now occupied by E.B. Brown). On the NE corner stands a building that was a grade school during the war and where I went to kindergarten 1948-49 and part of my 1st grade, 1949 to March 1950. It is now a church.
One block east of Spencer Lane is Emerson Street, where I lived at 233. As the crow flies, that is about a mile from where the Ford, Willow Run Bomber plane was located (now gone).
The only security around the plane was a snow fence. Older kids had knocked it down and as a 5 and 6 year old kid, I got to climb into #139.
In March of 1950, we moved about 7 miles south (as the crow flies) to a small farm. I don't remember seeing that plane again after we moved.
It was later sold for scrap, cut up and hauled away.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]