Re: BNO-MOTO-TUGS

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 05, 2009 at 07:25:05 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: BNO-MOTO-TUGS posted by Mike Groom on October 23, 2009 at 14:52:08:

Hi Mike-
How did you deduce your BNO-40 is a '39? The USA didn't get involved with WWII until 1942, but, that doesn't mean Moto-Tugs weren't produced before then, and it was the involvement with war that Ford was allowed to introduce the 2N in 1942. Do you know when Moto-Tug production started? I have heard the story too about being retro-fitted in Ohio somewhere, but no one can confirm. No records from the Rouge indicate they were produced there, I don't think. The Ferguson-Sherman partnership was dissolved by then and it was just Ferguson so a Ferguson only nameplate would fit the criteria. With only 3052 built, and many of those reportedly were shoved overboard at the end of the war, the remaining units would be hard to find as well as any parts as we know. I would guess complete 9Ns/2Ns minus PTOs were shipped to a Cleveland plant, perhaps overseen by the military, for Moto-Tug conversions. Just thinking out loud here...

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1260015905">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]