FORD Tractor -Drawbars

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 19, 2011 at 13:47:54 [URL] [DELETE] :

Here are some pictures of the various types of drawbars used on the 8N Tractor. The 'horseshoe' style was used with the 8N-802 clevis and 8N-804 pin, prior to the Dearborn Swinging Drawbar, which was a dealer accessory. The Service Bulletin states that beginning with serial number 8N-40735, the clevis and pin were issued as standard equipment on a new tractor and that previous 8N owners would be supplied with the new clevis and pin at no charge from their local dealers if they so desired. I don't why this Service Bulletin lists part number 8N-486, which is the long pin in the top link rocker, maybe perhaps a typo. I think they meant to say that the clevis bracket pin, part number 8N-804, was also included. The 11-hole drawbar, part number 9N-5182, was issued in a shipping kit, part number 2N-17003, with each new tractor. The 'horseshoe' style drawbar required the lift arms to be swung out of the way as they were not used in the setup. The 3-piece drawbar and hanger style was engineered for the NAA and Hundred Series Tractors but could also be used on the 8N. This was a better design and more practical because it could be left in place while using lift type implements without interference. With the Dearborn Swinging Drawbar, which used the 11-hole drawbar in its setup, would have to have both components removed if an implement was needed to be attached. The original FORD rear bracket for the 3-piece setup was riveted, not welded. Aftermarket packages are welded assemblies and still sold today.

SERVICE BULLETIN -

'HORSESHOE' STYLE FOR THE 8N FROM AN ACCESSORY CATALOG-

AFTERMARKET STYLE 3-PIECE DRAWBAR-

'HORSESHOE' STYLE DRAWBAR WAS ALSO USED ON FERGUSON TRACTORS-

'HOME-MADE' STYLE UTILIZING THE 9N-5182 11-HOLE DRAWBAR-

Tim Daley(MI)

*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1321728474">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]