Re: Deer Lake Farms - Ford Proving Grounds

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 29, 2017 at 08:44:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Deer Lake Farms - Ford Proving Grounds posted by SelectOSpeed on September 28, 2017 at 17:34:53:

S-o-S:
I am about 65 miles north, as the crow flies, of The Henry Ford and the Rouge is just a short distance away from there. It's about an hour and a half drive though depending on what day and what time of day the drive is. It's all main roads, some freeway, but anytime one heads into the Detroit area, traffic is always a slow-go no matter a weekday or weekend. Every summer my parents would always take us to the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village when we were kids. When I was in the 7th grade, we took a class field trip to the Rouge Plant in 1968 and watched them build the Mustang. It was and still is one of my most memorable experiences in my life. We watched as the tour took us from the steel making operations/blast furnaces to the end of the assembly line where we watched brand new 1968 Ford Mustangs drive off the line. Today, The Rouge Complex has been mostly sold off to private companies, a few Chinese, one or two Russian companies, and some others. The line still rumbles along with the F-150 Pickup being produced there and they offer tours everyone should check out at least once in their lifetime.

By the way, I'm championing a special 80th Anniversary Show at The Henry Ford for June 29, 2019. The show is a commemoration of the world premier/introduction of the brand new Ford-Ferguson 9N tractor that happened on June 29, 1939 at Fair Lane, Henry Fords' estate. Details will be made available as they occur. Anyone who has a 1939 Ford-Ferguson 9N is invited to attend and display their tractor. Contact me if interested.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]