ROPS for N-Tractors

[ Safety Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on October 23, 2012 at 00:11:51 [URL] [DELETE] :

I've spent more than a little time searching for ROPS. Hercules was usually the only one available, but the price with shipping was more than I paid for a couple of my tractors! Finally, stumbled on a link for CROPS = Cost-effective Rollover Protective Structures. I was stunned to see the source, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at USA.GOV! I know it's hard to believe, but you can download plans and installation instructions to build your own ROPS and seat belt. The web site states that the available designs can be used either by an individual to build a NIOSH CROPS for their privately owned tractor, or by a company to build and sell a NIOSH CROPS. There are some disclaimers and stipulations like "all welded parts must be welded by a professional welder using the appropriate welding procedures...".

Follow Ups:


Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1350965511">

[ Safety Forum ] [ FAQ ]