Re: Ford N archive drawings

[ N History ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy on March 15, 2006 at 13:37:15 [URL] :

In Reply to: Re: Ford N archive drawings posted by don b on March 10, 2006 at 09:59:28:

The drawings I have access to in the engineering department in New Holland are not for sale. They are actually not even drawings, but microfilmed aperture cards that can be viewed in a viewer or printed off a card scanner. When you have a good enough scanner-printer, the prints can be anywhere from 8.5x11 to 34x?? or up to whatever the maximum paper roll size is that the printer will take. Some large drawings are filmed in multiple frames (the hood drawings, for example). At the Archives in Dearborn (now called the Benson Ford Research Center), the drawings are on 70 mm film, I believe, and drawings you can order from them are 8.5x11 only. If you go in there and ask them to bring out the film with certain part numbers, you can view all the films in the sleeve for that number and make 8.5x11 prints of each area you want a record of. Obviously, this is a pain when you are looking at large drawings and want it all, you end up with a pile of 8.5x11's that you have to try and piece together. And they are not cheap. ($5.00 each, if I remember correctly.)

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History ] [ FAQ ]