Re: Ford N archive drawings

[ N History ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy on March 15, 2006 at 14:01:28 [URL] :

In Reply to: Re: Ford N archive drawings posted by don b on March 10, 2006 at 09:59:28:

The drawings that Don and others bought are their property now, I guess (I'm an engineer, not a lawyer, and am not speaking for Ford, Ford New Holland, or CNH). There are supposedly two identical same sets in the Archives, and perhaps these would be shown to a researcher if they knew what to ask for. Since they are paper, it is possible these could be reproduced by the Archives staff on larger paper if they had a policy to know how to price it. I have heard they are not allowed to do much that they don't have a policy for doing already in place, but they are very pleasant and helpful to you in helping you find what you are looking for when you go in there. But it gets down to cost if you are talking about quantity. And these drawings are a snap shot of what the drawings were when they had to be compiled for the Ferguson lawsuit. This is both good and not-so-good. As changes were made some of the earlier drawings were discarded. And some of the drawings at that time may have had problems that were later fixed, and there may have been limited or no production exactly the way the drawing appears in the book.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History ] [ FAQ ]