9N760 Belt Pulley

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 29, 2008 at 10:53:11 [URL] [DELETE] :

The Ford N-Series 9N760 Belt Pulley can be set in one of three positions as shown in the picture below from the 8N Operator's Manual. For use with a mounted Cordwood Saw, it is set to the left side, viewed from the rear of tractor. The bracket for the saw mounts to the pulley assembly by removing the top two bolts from housing end plate and bolting the bracket right to the housing using the two bolts that were removed. The housing was designed to accept the bracket using same two bolts so there is no need to get longer bolts. The same is true for the pulley itself. When the lift chain brackets are removed to mount the belt pulley, the same four bolts are used to mount the pulley on the PTO shaft. The next picture shows a Dearborn 22-44 Cordwood Saw mounted to a 1948 Ford 8N Tractor and the bracket mounted to pulley. The saw has a "wishbone" bracket that is then connected to the bracket on pulley via a lynch pin and is used as the top link for lifting the saw to transport position. There were other uses for the pulley too, like the hammer mill, water pump, elevators, and even older treshing machines, but the little bracket was used exclusively for the saw. A word of caution: Based on personal experience, I would advise that if you have a worklight or a tailight on the right fender, you should remove it or else you might destroy it when the saw is lifted to the transport position. Using the saw also requires common sense and safety practices too. It was designed as a two-man operation-see Operators Manual on saw usage prior to beginning.

Belt Pulley Position Guide-

9N760 Belt Pulley ( later version w/steel pulley )-

1948 Ford 8N Tractor w/Dearborn Model 22-44 Cordwood Saw-

Tim Daley(MI)
*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]