Re: NAA Serial # question

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim.UT on October 11, 2008 at 18:07:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: NAA Serial # question posted by Kevin French on September 27, 2008 at 12:25:46:

A lot of Ford tractor owners believe they have a Jubilee because they are under the mistaken assumption that ALL Ford tractors with a round nose emblem are Jubilees. In fact that hood style was used on NAA, 600, 700, 800, 900, 601, 701, 801, and 901 series tractors.

The EAE6015E number says you have a 134 engine. That engine was used in NAA 600 700 601 and 701 series tractors. However, that casting code was not used after 1957 so that rules out a 601.

You say there are numbers on the flat area near the starter bulge, but not in the spot indicated by John Smith's site. Did you scroll down that site a little farther and see the s/n location for the later Fords? Is that where your number is? Now look just below the flat area where your numbers are. Do you see two empty threaded holes?

Now look at the rear axle hub. Is there a large nut in the center of the hub? If so, that's an NAA (or Jubilee). If not, it's probably a 600. Another possibility is that your tractor has been put together from several different models. It's been done before.

There are a few of us that have been comparing date codes. If it's not too much trouble, could you look at the right side of the engine block just above the oil pan? There should be a date code there consisting of some digits and a letter. It may be upside down. Here's a photo of my 850 date code for comparison:

Another place you may find a date code is on the top of the hydraulic top cover (hiding under the seat spring). Here's a photo of mine. I took my seat off to get this photo:

There is another date code on the right side of the transmission. Mine looks like this:

And finally on the right side of the rear end section is another similar date code:

You may finde more date codes on the front surface of the rear axles, but not always. The photos should help you find date codes if it really is a 600. The NAA may not have the same type of codes in the same places.

Now about that hydraulic pump. Look at it again and check to see if it has two individual hydraulic lines attached to the pump and running under the tractor or if it has a one-piec aluminum manifold. Individual lines mean NAA. One-piec manifold means 600. If it really has a vane pump and if it really is an NAA (Jubilee), the pump will look like this:

If it's a 600 with an original vane pump, it will look a little different. The vane pump was only used for part of one year on the 600 and it looked like this:

After 1955, all tractors were equipped with piston pumps. Many of the original vane pumps were subsequently changed out for piston pumps so that original working vane pumps are something of a rarity. This is what a piston pump looks like:

This piston pump happens to be installed on an NAA as evidenced by the individual hydraulic lines.

Sorry for the long post but hopefully it helps you zero in on what you have. You can post your date codes here or email them to me. I'll do my best to decipher them.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]