Re: Question for John Gustafson aka Gaspump

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 04, 2009 at 07:30:16 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Question for John Gustafson aka Gaspump posted by Zack Smith on August 04, 2009 at 07:11:12:

Hi John-
You and I have talked in the past about the Dearborn Motors, later named the Ford Tractor Operations HQ, on E. Maple (15 Mile Rd.) in Birmingham, MI. It sat on the southwest corner of Coolidge Highway and Maple Rd. and now is home to a shopping mall and condos. I grew up only two miles east of there in Clawson and every Saturday afternoon dad would take us to the train station a little west of the HQ but we'd always stop at the DMC building and proving grounds to look at the latest display in the showroom window out front. Mr. Harold Brock told me that Charles "Iron Man" Sorenson, Henry Ford's right-hand man, had a farm in Clawson, but I was too young to know that then, heck I probably wasn't even born yet. I know where it was located, and he ended up retiring and moving to Florida when he resigned from Ford.

My question to you is originally, Dearborn was located in Detroit, so when did they move the operations out to Birmingham? I'm guessing between 1950 and 1952, maybe sooner. Thanks for all your stories and insights.

Tim Daley(MI)
*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1249385416">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]