Re: BNO-MOTO-TUGS

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on October 23, 2009 at 20:56:04 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: BNO-MOTO-TUGS posted by Mike Groom on October 23, 2009 at 16:58:59:

Shoot, I thought that you had it nailed! Seriously, there is so little documented info out there on these critters. Dwight Emstrom is probably the most knowledgable person around. Harold Brock was kind of dismissive of the whole Moto-Tug thing when I talked to him on the phone. Ford was making B-24's for the gov't, and jeeps and other military vehicles including some kind of armored scout car for the Brits and Brock just indicated that the Moto-Tug thing was a sideshow. Just a couple of thousand of them, no big deal. A favor to the gov't by Henry.

Some tugs came with Harry Ferguson builders tags and some did not. Some had the second chair on the left side for a rider. I think that it may have doubled as a tool chest. I've been collecting tug photos wherever I can find them and it looks like a lot of local customization took place. They seem to have had all sorts of brackets welded on here and there to hang chains, tow ropes, etc..

Somewhere, somehow there have to be some records on these things. I wonder if anything would be left in the Ford historical archives?

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1256345764">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]