Re: Tim: M5 bomb trailer wheels?

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on July 17, 2010 at 13:47:23 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Tim: M5 bomb trailer wheels? posted by Larry (TX) on July 16, 2010 at 22:05:55:

Thanks, Larry. Every little bit of info helps!

I was able to track down the guy who restored one of these trailers for the Yankee Air Museum in Willow Run. I am going to send him pics of the Moto-Tug front wheels and copies of the data pages from the Ford Civilian Tug Sales Parts manual. He promised to compare them to his M-5 and let me know if we have a match.

I have struck out completely in finding any Navy or USAAF manuals. There must be copies in the Library of Congress, but I am told that their search fees and copying fees can run into hundreds of bucks.

Thanks again. My right front tire looks IDENTICAL to the one on the M-5 bomb trailer. My left front is a much newer replacement.

The Lutheran summer camp where I sometimes volunteer got rid of a very early civilian Jeep - pre 1950. I had thought that a collector would want it but it would up becoming somebody's rat rod. We also had a WW2 deuce and a half but had no luck in getting a local collector interested. The original body was long gone, replaced by a big tank for wetting or oiling down roads. Maybe the local guy was scared off by what might be in the tank. Nobody really knew. Once upon a time the camp used donated crankcase drainings but the truck hadn't moved in 20 years and nobody remembered.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1279388843">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]