Re: 6 cylinder engine in 8N tractor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Regan on December 02, 2016 at 10:05:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 6 cylinder engine in 8N tractor posted by John on December 01, 2016 at 20:18:24:

Wow guys that is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Seeing the brochure makes it ALL come to life for me. I have not seen that tractor for over 60 years yet there it is in the picture. I am into Model T Fords mostly but I like most anything old ha ha. I recently built a toy box (pole barn) on a small farm I bought just because it was on my bucket list. I make some electrical parts (Voltage regulators mainly) for Model T, A, V8 and 9N/2N tractors. I decided now that I have a barn and a farm I want to eventually get an N tractor for it but have a little bit of time since my grandson is only 4 years old right now. The main tract of the farm is leased out to a man who farms it but I have a corner spot that I can farm too if I want to. I always wanted to know what that 6 cylinder tractor was so decided it was time to try and figure that out but I never expected to find just about every detail in a few minutes in a single evening. You guys are really a treasure. Unfortunately now I probably have to see if I can find out where the thing went. Kind of a cold trail at this point since my cousin doesn't have a clue who bought his tractor since his dad sold it to persons unknown. Many of us in the old vehicle hobby know that pain of wanting to know what happened to an old vehicle that was once in the family. Any idea how many of these FUNK conversions were sold or what ratio to surviving Model 8N's? I fear they are pretty rare but I probably am now condemned to chasing them around ha ha. I am addicted to research anyway :)

My thanks to you guys and to this forum.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]