UPDATE ON THE PLOW WRENCH UPDATE

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley (MI) on March 17, 2007 at 14:03:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: PLOW WRENCH UPDATES posted by Tim Daley on December 24, 2006 at 11:01:41:

Group-
It turns out I had contacted the wrong George Fields estate in England as the real one sent me an email from "beyond the grave". That explains the widows strange comments and behavior like, "I didn't know he had a Ferguson/Brown tractor...". George (the Fergie guru)is very much still alive and well. He offered up this information to me on the original Ferguson Spanner for the 1936 Ferguson Brown Type A Tractor. According to George, "...as for the spanner it is the same dimensions as later Ferguson spanners but with the large jaw at 1-1/8" instead of 1-1/16", with inches on one side and FERGUSON in block letters on the other. I have two here, one very good which came on my 'A' new in1939 and another very corroded, given to me by a former tractor driver of mine who found it in a field..." This would confirm the picture I posted below of the one in question. But, it contradicts what Colin Fraser wrote in his book about the size being, "...1-1/16 AF (across flats)..." I have been attempting to contact Mr. Fraser for several years. He is still alive but lives in South America and is somewhat of a recluse. I will persist in my quest and keep y'all updated as info comes in.

Tim Daley(MI)
*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]