Re: earliest tract-o-lite?(pics)

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by don b on June 16, 2007 at 15:45:16 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: earliest tract-o-lite?(pics) posted by Randy on June 16, 2007 at 15:44:57:

Randy.....all my thoughts are just speculation.You know more about this stuff than I ever will.
1H 13465....There is a B-13465 [single] [#1129]and 11A 13465 [double] [#1154] which is for taillights[about 4 cp]I don't know of anything Ford had in 1949 that would use a 32 cp bulb.I think the CM HALL headlights used a 32 cp bulb,[The part number for them was 9n 13007] and I would guess on early cars and trucks before they came out with sealbeams.However,what we would like to know is which lens were used and which years.Ford advertised a "frosted lens" in 50-51.I don't think they were referring to the dimple lens.We also know the dimple lens was used for the later tractors.I guess what's throwing me off is the 8n 15514 with dimple lens.We know Hall made implement lights,and I suspect from Fords prints.The note on the prints say to id by the vendor,and I would suspect that is why the Hall logo is on some,but not all, of the lights I have seen.Can you determine when the note was added to the print?Is there anything about Ford making the lights at first and then purchasing from outside later.Keep diging and thanks for your help. don b

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]