Sears Has or Had Everything

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on December 19, 2017 at 13:02:55 [URL] [DELETE] :

Growing up as a kid, Sears has everything was the sears ad campaign, and it was true.
They did have everything. Everything you needed as a kid anyway. But also once I got bigger, tools, appliaces, boots, cloths, electronics. I was a kenmore, JC Higgans, Ted Williams, kind of guy. Dad bought jon boats, boat motors, shot guns, recurved bows, hunting coats, ammo, yard tools, lawn mowers, everything!!! Gas grills, airconditioners, dish washers, bicycles, minibikes, go carts, swing sets, trampolines, basketballs, and basketball hoops. All kinds of sporting goods, from baseball bats to swimming trunks. Water skis, ski ropes, ski belts. TV's, stereos, computers. Heaters, batterys, autoparts, battery chargers, baby cloths, jewlrey, the list is almost endless...
So what has happened to sears? Why is sears circling the bowl.
Sears tools. Craftsman tools. Reliable tools. I have friends who will only use craftsman tools, and nothing else. Every year you could get new amazing tools. Jig saws, saws alls, circular saws.
So... Why did Sears sell the Craftsman name and line?? I think it is the kiss of death...
Sears Craftsman tools are what bought us into the stores.
Honey, I needed a new screw driver, but look at this deal I got you on this new chain saw, happy birthday...
l think that the first bad thing sears did was to drop the catalog. That catalog was every kids dream. All that stuff right there in one catalog, wow.
And now the sale of craftsman, done, baked, over. Once you sell your assets, you are done as a company, your business model has failed. You have failed to evolve.
And there we have it, Sears failed to evolve. Just think if Amazon had the infastructure that Sears has for distribution and delivery.
Sears should have revived their catalog, put it in print and on line, and make it EASY to buy their stuff!!!!
But NOOOO, all sears does on line is to bombard you with endless emails for goods and services that you dont want. God forbid that you look at a Craftsman electric chain saw online. For the next 6 months the have popups hit you every where you go, and the endless stream of emails for roofing and sears windows is exhausting.
I think Sears missed the boat. They should have embraced on line sales and distribution and used their stores for show places, warehousing, and distribution. No creative thoughts have come from sears for quite a while., and their store employees are lacking to say the least.
I hope I am wrong, but I don't think we will need to worry about sears for very long. They will sell off the parts untill we will have to go to Lowes to get Craftsman tools. They will no longer be "Sears Craftsman"...
Thanks for the rant forum...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]