Re: MS Carb Needle Wire Bale ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley (MI) on February 19, 2024 at 06:29:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: MS Carb Needle Wire Bale ? posted by Steve Dabrowski on February 17, 2024 at 15:08:46:

Yes, who determined the Viton tip was better design? Opinions abound, facts and data are hard to find. Ditto too, for the extra clip. Yet this is another reason why I only buy the TISCO Carb Kits. My TISCO C546V Kit for the Ford N-Series TSX-33 & TSX-241 have the OEM style valve seat needle and NO extra clip, but it does have the Viton tip.

TISCO CARB KIT C546V; for TSX33 & TSX241:

I've used a 9/32" drill as my Float Setting Gage for years with no issues whatsoever. The OEM first N carbs were specified with a special GO/NO GO Application Gage to set the float level with. Specifically, the "GO" is spec'd at .260" and the "NO-GO" is spec'd at .297". 9/32" falls about at the mean, .281". Later Manuals changed the spec to 1/4"; a slightly lower value than the original, with no high or low value given. FORD used the 1/4" setting in all future manuals after. You can use whichever you prefer. Seems some had flooding problems so may be why it was changed. FORD engineers changed things often and rarely offered an explanation.

FORD JULY 1947 MPC - CARB SETTINGS:

Tim Daley (MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]