Re: Attn Ed Gooding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TheOldHokie on March 06, 2024 at 18:52:20 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Attn Ed Gooding posted by Ed Gooding (VA) on March 06, 2024 at 17:48:55:

So now we move to a different gripe. I remember our initial business dealings perfectly,

You personally picked the original set of tools up in the parking lot outside NIST - my place of employment. At the time I had the impression you did not trust me and wanted to lay hands on the goods before paying. No skin off my nose and I took no offense, The tools were in a "finely crafted wooden storage box" which you opened, inspected the tools, found them very much to your liking, expressed your happiness, and left with them.

At a later date I discovered a problem with the jackscrew and fixed it. I did not notify any customer of the problem so you got me there.

Now I am a little fuzzy.

At some later date you returned something to me for replacement. I am guessing just the jackscrew because you apparently liked the tools but had discovered the one and only problem with them. I am also guessing the return was at my expense since that has always been my policy. If I sat on the replacement part for 8 months you got me again but you did ultimately get your replacement.

You were ultimately made whole, have a functional set of my first generation sleeve tools, and presumably they work fine. Still you are unhappy about your transaction.

So I will make you another offer. Ship the tools back to me at my expense, The only requirement is the be in the original box and undamaged condition, with the exception of normal wear and tear. I will refund your original purchase price in full. You will have had the use of the tools for over a decade at absolutely no cost to you.

If that is agreeable to you box them up and I will send you a prepaid UPS return shipping label along with your refund and I will arrange for pickup at your residence or place of business if you still have one. I have absolute trust you will return the tools after you get my payment.

If that's not agreeable to you I can only conclude you got a really good deal on the tools at that early adopter price, they continue to provide good service to you, and you don't want to part with them. You simply want to continue to lob personal insults because you don't like my way of thinking. That is truly sad and I mean it wholeheartedly.

TOH

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]