Re: Rear Worklight Project

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rusty on July 23, 2010 at 01:01:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Rear Worklight Project posted by Jon MI on July 22, 2010 at 12:59:37:

I restored the very orig. light that came on our family owned 51 8n. Dad had tried to sodder the bulb to the sealed beam cassing, I suppose it worked for awhile ,then he give up and put the light and red light in an old shed,and I found them and the brackets. I can t tell you how happy I was. A friend gave me a old JD non sealed beam light I cut up both and put 2 small screws & gasket sealer around it. So far it has worked great. Now I am working on the 6v. orig. gen. making it into 12. just got out of shop into chair ,,, it works, 15amps at 1/2 thottle with the org. 6v gen.now a 12v. I know there is lots of talk on org. color,well,after finding red light with bracket on it and ford logo stamped clearly on it I believe it was never taken apart,I bought a dennis carpenter lience plate bracket , It was very ,very close to the same color. I have ordered lots of parts, and never got the same color and have repainted all of them, but , this piece matched what I discovered. PS , I have never typed so much ever.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1279861282">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]